We can see you today.
Country Doctor Community Health Centers, in partnership with Swedish Medical Group, invites you to visit the new:
at Swedish Cherry Hill Campus
(Next to the Emergency Room)
550 16th Avenue, Seattle, Washington 98122
Telephone: (206) 320-5556
Have an urgent need for health care? Drop in. We’re open when other offices close… even on the weekends.
|Monday – Friday||6:00–10 pm|
|Saturday & Sunday||Noon–10 pm|
WHY CHOOSE THE AFTER-HOURS CLINIC?
- Our After-Hours Clinic providers offer fast, friendly and affordable primary care for patients of all ages.
- We treat acute conditions for those who can’t wait for a scheduled appointment with their regular provider and for those who don’t have a regular provider.
- The clinic offers all the convenience of the Emergency Room without the extra cost
- We’re open to serve you all evenings & weekends
- You can find easy parking on street and in paid lots
- Operated by Seattle’s trusted Country Doctor Community Health Centers in partnership with Swedish Medical Group
WE’RE MORE THAN AN URGENT CARE CLINIC!
When your doctor’s office is closed, we can tend to your urgent needs for health care:
- Cuts that might need stitches
- Sprain or possible fracture
- Sore throat /strep throat diagnoses
- Ear ache
- High fever
- Itchy rash
- Urinary tract infection
- Persistent cough
- Respiratory complications or asthma
But we offer so much more. All the services you expect from your primary care doctor are available at convenient hours at the After-Hours Clinic.
We are dedicated to providing comprehensive care and personal follow-up as needed. If you have a regular primary care provider, we will make sure that he or she receives records of your visit and treatment. And if you don’t have a primary care doctor, we’ll help connect you with one in your neighborhood. We’re dedicated to finding you a health care home.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Just walk in when you need care for a non-emergency condition. (No appointment needed.) We’ll provide fast, friendly, affordable and professional care to help you feel better.
Interpretation services are immediately available.
Patients in need of emergency care will be directed to the Emergency Room… just steps away!
WHAT ABOUT INSURANCE?
Most forms of health insurance (including Medicaid) will be accepted, and uninsured patients will be charged on a sliding scale, based on family size and income. So don’t hesitate to get the care you need.
Our After-Hours Clinic is making news!
Follow these links to learn more about the latest offering in after-hours health care in Seattle:
- The Seattle Times: “After-Hours Clinic a partnership of health-care David and Goliath” (read full article here)
- Capitol Hill Times: “Seattlites can still receive care if they missed ACA enrollment” (read full article here)
- Capitol Hill Seattle Blog: “Country Doctor opens new after-hours clinic as an affordable emergency room alternative” (read full article here)
- KING5 News: “Capitol Hill clinic offers alternative to expensive ER visit” (view video online here)
History of the After-Hours Clinic
The After-Hours Clinic is operated in partnership with Swedish Medical Group. It opened in December 2013 to serve patients with acute medical needs that required treatment before they could be seen by their regular health care providers.
Country Doctor Community Clinic was founded in 1971 by a group of community activists that recognized the need for medical care services in their neighborhood. Originally operating from an abandoned Firestation in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle, Country Doctor was an all-volunteer free clinic offering services only in the evenings. As the community’s reliance on the clinic’s services grew, Country Doctor evolved into a respected primary care provider that today operates from two sites and offers a full range of health care services.
In 1988, Country Doctor Community Clinic and Carolyn Downs Family Medical Center merged and became one organization. Since their founding, the clinics’ primary goal has been to provide the highest quality comprehensive health care to their patients. From that goal comes our commitment to provide comprehensive care, combining outpatient and in-patient family practice primary care with community health care and preventive health education. It is in this way that the organization has been able to have a positive impact on the health of the communities it serves.
The After-Hours Clinic is the newest addition to Country Doctor Community Health Centers.